Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to move?
- Is the estimate free?
- When can you move me?
- When will I get my furniture?
- Do you have a weight restriction?
- Do you pack and / or supply material & boxes?
- Will my move be insured?
- Who are you associated with?
- How are vehicles shipped?
- Do you have storage facilities?
Depending on whether the move is local or long distance, the rates will either be by the hour or on a hundred-weight basis.
Move estimates are free and the customer is under no obligation. You can also use our online estimator for rates and to book your local moves.
As a service provider, we will move the customer on the dates agreed to between the customer and the moving company. It is wise to plan ahead for a major event in your life.
Based on the weight of the shipment and the distance travelled, a pre-determined transit time guide has been established in order for the customer to plan their itinerary.
There is a minimum weight restriction concerning the packing, loading and transporting of household goods. It is dependent on your destination.
Yes, Campbell Group can provide a complete packing and unpacking service, partial packing service or the customer may do their own packing. This gives the customer the benefit of choosing the type of service they require. Packing material and supplies can be purchased from our online store.
In the transporting of household goods, the customer has options as to their valuation protection needs.
* Minimal protection‚ whereby the shipment is set at a Released Value of $0 .60 per lb. per item; which is no cost to the customer.
* Replacement Value‚ customer declares the value subject to United Van Lines and Campbell Group minimum Valuation formula.
Example: $10.00 per lb. x the weight of the shipment (12,000 lb. x $10.00 Replacement Valuation is 120,000 @ the cost of .80 per $100.00 valuation = $960.00 charge to customer).
You also have options for sets and pairs.
Note: A shipment traveling to and from the United States are regulated under different methods, therefore ask your moving consultant for further details.
The Campbell Group is a member of United Van Lines (Canada) Ltd. and United Van Lines Inc., USA. The Campbell Group has more than 10% ownership in United Van Lines Canada.
Vehicles may be shipped via three different methods:
1. in the van with the household effects
2. Via rail
3. Road transport via open or covered car carrier.
We have a network of suppliers for this service. Ask your consultant.
Yes, locally and affiliated agents can provide climate controlled storage facilities throughout Canada, the United States and Worldwide. Container storage is also available in some areas.